I am Soooooo thankful for my life and my family.
This post is dedicated to my “favorite things”. I got the idea from one of my girlfriends that thinks that it would be nice if I replaced the Stylist who has her favorite things in the monthly Crew Catalog. I like to also think of it as being somewhat like Oprah’s Favorite Things. With that being said here are five “beauty” things that I love. Here we go……..
1. I looooooove nail polish. I collect them in all colors. My all-time favorite shades are OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark, Vodka & Caviar, and Essie’s Sugar Daddy. I have to use Seche Vite’s Dry Fast Topcoat so that my polish doesn’t chip. My weekly Manicure appointments can never come around fast enough.
2. I love to arouse all of my five senses, especially my sense of smell. Which brings me to next favorite thing: Fragrances. I love Perfume!!!! My classic never fail me scents are Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb, Marc Jacob’s Daisy, Loilta Lempicka, Valentino Rock and Rose, and Burberry Brit. There are really too many to name but that would be my starting five.
3. JASON All-Natural Vitamin E Oil 5,000 I.U is a staple in my beauty regime. I suffer from eczema and need as much moisture and hydration that I can get. This oil nourishes, moisturizes and helps regenerate the skin. This natural anti-oxidant mix of Almond, Apricot, Avocado and Wheat Germ Oils help protect against fine lines and wrinkles leaving skin silky smooth. It looks amazing in the summertime when we tend to show a little more skin.
4. What would a favorite’s list be without my lifesaver, Cetaphil? I have an obsession with Skin. It is the largest organ on our body. Its ability to protect us and have so many other unique functions intrigues me everyday. Cetaphil is my go to facial cleanser because my skin is super fickle and Cetaphil seems to roll with the punches. I use it in the morning mixed with Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant. Once I mix it and apply it to my face I use my Clarisonic Skin Care Brush. My skin is thoroughly cleansed and ready for the next step in my no fuss beauty regime. The best thing about this product is that it is inexpensive and I can go to Wal Mart, Walgreens, Target, or any other drug store to purchase it.
5. Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant is the truth when it comes to gentle exfoliation. It is not abrasive as some mechanical exfoliants tend to be. It is mild enough for everyday use without my skin feeling assaulted and the results are amazing.
The key ingredients in Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant are: papain, rice enzymes, salicylic acid, green tea, grapefruit and licorice. Daily Microfoliant accelerates skin cell removal while balancing uneven skin tone. Dermalogica is sold only at select Spa’s. Click http://bit.ly/4OZ9zV to find a location near you.
I hope that you enjoyed that little tidbit into my favorite “beauty” things. I will post the next five very soon. Stay posted, Stay beautiful, and above all THINK SKIN.
❤ ali mo
There comes a point in your life when you realize:
Who never did,
Who won’t anymore…
And who always will..
So, don’t worry about people from your past,
there’s a reason why they didn’t make it to your future..
Anyone that knows me knows that I am fiercely loyal and super protective. I am very territorial and will not allow anyone to hurt someone that I love. The thing about it is that I expect the same in return. You can’t cut corners because otherwise you will get cut. Regretfully, it is hard for others to live by the same code. Don’t get me wrong I have failed a few people in my life and repented for my wrongdoing. Would I repeat the same mistake? No indeed. Those things were done when I was younger and I would never willingly inflict that pain or sorrow again.
This brings me to the topic of Loyalty. I am noticing that it is hard to find these days. I can count on one hand my true friends that no matter what will fight with me and for me and vice versa. This doesn’t make me delusional or one with high expectations. I am writing this post in hopes that others will find that living a virtuous life filled with loyalty and integrity is the only way to go. Anything less is cowardly and at a disservice to yourself and everyone else involved. Do the right thing and honor your commitments, value your friends, and most of all respect yourself. It all boils down to respect. We all know that lack of respect is owed to self hatred…..
❤ ali mo
I have been known to play a song a million times back to back. It used to irk the living daylights out of my mother. lol
This is one of those tracks that I have to keep on REPEAT. It describes me so well. 🙂
I have a confession to make today. I must confess that I have a serious lifelong addiction to TEA. I would never try to kick this habit. It is so good for me and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Not to mention that I always get a positive affirmation as soon as I take my bag out of its package.
This morning’s teabag says: “One of the best actions we can take, with courage, is to relax.” With that being said; please have a cup. Shhhhh….it is good for the soul.